Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Update Number Two: Books Five and Six

Awkwardly enough, I still have not finished Meat Eater, Side Jobs, or The Female Barber Detective. I did, however, finish Sherlock's Sisters and Place: a Short Introduction.

I get the feeling, though, that dense commentary on those very theoretical text might--well--bore the average reader. I will provide a brief commentary on Place: a Short Introduction in a few days, just for the comps section of this blog. If you are interested in Sherlock's Sisters, however, you might just be forced to track down my Master's Thesis (once it's finished). Or, you know, do the common sense thing and just find the book.

Each of these books took me roughly two days to get through, although I was a bit too distracted by my giant pile of grading and my personal homework assignments to keep strict track. (I promise to keep better records for fun books).

On a brighter note, I happened to snatch up a couple of gems while at the local bookstore last week: Black Out by Connie Willis (if you've never read her work, take a look at The Doomsday Book or--I really love this one-- To Say Nothing of the Dog) and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies because I have this strange zombiphilia and I was curious. Okay? Don't be a hater.


No comments:

Post a Comment