Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Book Three: TENDER AT THE BONE

 If it seems odd that most of January is gone and I am only posting notes for the third book in my reading journal, it is, but not alarmingly so. Sure, you may all be beginning to doubt my boasts concerning my reading prowess, but fear not Dear Readers, I will prevail in the end.

Tender at the Bone: Growing Up at the Table. by Ruth Reichl, published by Random House, 2010.

TTR: Started 1/19/13 and Finished 1/21/13. (You'll note that my reading times get slower with the onset of school-work and grading).


Comments:

I began reading Tender at the Bone: Growing Up at the Table on Friday (January 19th) after stumbling across it on a free-book table in my friendly University Languages and Literature department. Ah, I love free books. I picked it up because of the old-timey cover, and kept it because of two words on the back, "food" and "hilarious."

Both of those words happened to be true, in terms of this text, which is essentially a foodie's memoir. Stuffed with recipes and garlanded with broad cultural and historical experience, this book keeps you hungry and interested. I've never really read a book about food before, and the experience was an invaluable one not only because it made me rethink the potential "things" I can write about, but also because it made me laugh.

The Bookworm


No comments:

Post a Comment