Monday, June 24, 2013

A Midsummer's Night Update

Have you ever looked back over an ongoing project and realized that, as you go on, you get less and less precise?

I have.

Now, don't get me wrong I love precision. I demand precision from my students (and myself, when it comes to academia). But, sometimes I start out very precise and then relax as I realize that the parameters of my precision were possibly a bit too tall of an order to fill, even for me.

Blah, blah, blah, you're saying. Get to the point already, you say.

Okay.

My blog is less precise. Instead of exact dates, I'm giving estimates in terms of hours, days, etc. Why? Because I'd like my reading to be recreational this summer, and when I try to keep track of dates and other such specifics it starts to feel a bit too much like a chore.

I hope you are all cool with that, because that's just the way it is.

The second point of this post is to give you all an update on what's coming up in the next several posts. The books I've read that I haven't yet posted about on here:

24. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Stieg Larrson.
25. Save the Cat! Blake Snyder.
26. Zen in the Art of Writing, Ray Bradbury.
27. Confessions of a Freelance Pen Monkey, Chuck Wendig.

Plus, you know, I'm hoping to reach the 30 mark before the month is over so that I can start the Bloglovin' Summer Readathon with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment