Monday, July 8, 2013

Why I Should Never Do 'Thons...

When I try NaNoWriMo, I bomb.
When I try Summer Lovin' Readathon's, I bomb.
When I...
Nope, that's about it for the bombing.

Why? Well, let me lie on this oddly shaped couch-bed thing and talk whilst you scratch your whiskers and hmmm at the symbolic and psychological implications of my remarks.

I don't do well on other's timelines. Which is not to say that I can't work with deadlines or that pressure ruins me, because I EXCEL under pressure and I have always met deadlines imposed by bosses and/or instructors. I just...need a sense of urgency, or balk at willynilly cramming. Or maybe I don't respect my own authority. I'm not sure.

All of this is to say that I read ONE book during last week's read-a-thon. One whole book. The rest of the time I spent fighting a cockroach infestation and/or procrastinating on my writing. Some weeks. Let me tell ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment