Friday, July 26, 2013

Book Twenty-Four: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larsson, 2007.

Front Cover


TTR:  This was another book that I read during my fitful post M.A. reading stage (who am I kidding? that stage is not yet over *sobs*). So, I read it in spurts over the course of two or three weeks.

Caveat: part of the lengthy reading time has to do with Larsson's style, not my recentandcripplingreadingdisability ADHD. Like the Victorians (whom I love but also sort of want to kick in the shins, depending on my mood and the author in question), Larsson takes a LONG TIME TO GET INTO THE ACTUAL ACTION OF THE STORY. So, we know everything we need to know when Blomkvist starts kicking butt and taking names in a very Swedish manner.

So, yeah.

That pretty much covers my comments, too, but that won't stop me from giving you more.

Comments:

If you've kept reading this far into the series, you are probably invested in Lizbeth Salander's story. So, while this book is enormous and hard to follow (have I mentioned the similarity to Victorian fiction?) it is worth reading if you care to know Salander's fate. You might wish Larsson was alive so you could slap him in the face for ending it the way he did. *Shifty eyes...I'm not the only one, right?*

No comments:

Post a Comment